- Demand an immediate Israeli withdrawal from the Occupied territories and an end to the violence.
- Support peace initiatives which recognise the rights of both Israelis and Palestinians to live in security and dignity.
- Call on parties to abandon the idea of war on Iraq.
- Call on our representatives in Parliament, Europe and the UN to seek just and peaceful solutions to conflict.
Launch supporters and affiliates:
- Norwich Stop the War Coalition
- Norwich and District Peace council
- Norwich Quakers
- Norwich Labour against the War
- Norwich Socialist Alliance
- Norwich Support Group for Palestine
- Norwich APEX GMB
- Norwich City College NATFHE
- Norwich Landmines Action Group
- Norwich Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- Women in Black
- Norwich Socialist Workers Party
- North Norfolk Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- Andrew Tyler(Chair of Churches Together in Greater Norwich)
- Angie Zelter (peace and environmental campaigner) Dr. Claire Goodess, David Van Edwards, Ted Fowler and Asher Snaith.
- Theatre of War
We encourage other organisations and individuals in the region to join and/or add their name to this list by sending a message of support to Norwich Stop the War Coalition or mailing it to NSTWC, 42-46 Bethel Street, Norwich NR2 1NR. The list will be updated and displayed on the website and brought to the attention of the region`s politicians. We appreciate any donation and help in delivering our campaign.
The national Stop the War Coalition was formed on September 21st, 2001 at a public meeting of over 2,000 people in London. The Coalition is campaigning under the following slogans: